Monday, February 10, 2014

Week 1 in Review

The first week went better than I had anticipated. I'm down 6lbs already and I can really see it in my face and stomach. I keep looking in the mirror, a little too much. The bloating has gone down quite a lot and it's really exciting, especially in my fingers. Despite eating less, I've discovered that I'm not as hungry. If I eat too much, I feel it immediately. 

On yet another high note, I saw my functional medicine doctor on Monday. I cannot believe I went so long without seeing one. It's just unbelievable to be able to sit down in a doctors office and say, "I'm finding that I have pimples around my hairline and forehead," and have them respond with, "Are you using gluten free hair care?" Something I would not have thought of in a million years and something that would have prompted any other doctor to suggest medications or medicated cream to get rid of it, or suggested a million tests to figure out what it was. The days of going through medications and multiple tests is over. I honestly don't know how I ever went without a Functional Medicine doctor. They're quick when you want them to be but my visits always last an hour at least because that's how much time they're willing to spend with you. If you're interested in finding a functional medicine doctor near you, below is the site I used to find mine. For those who are local to the Boston area, my doctor works out of the Dedham location for Visions Healthcare and they also have a location in Wellesley. If you find that you get sick often, are on a lot of medications, have serious health issues, etc I highly recommend these kinds of doctors. They focus on the source instead of just putting you on medications that cover up the issue. It's truly amazing!

http://www.functionalmedicine.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment