Sunday, September 15, 2013

Keratosis Pelaris

For as long as I can remember, my skin has always been a problem area for me and a source of embarrassment. I have the worst Keratosis Pelaris I have ever seen on anyone and while I never shied away from wearing short sleeve shirts or skirts, I've always been very aware of its visibility to others. I have been eating Clean for the most part for the last two years now and have noticed a miraculous turn around with my KP. I know it's going to sound weird but I shave and exfoliate as much as possible, that combined with removing dairy from my diet has made a huge difference. 



The image on the left is just one spot on the back of my arms now and that's all that's left of the truly red spots. The two images on the right are of the rest of my arms and how they look now. I have actually started to get baby soft skin at the top of my arms near my shoulders and it's slowly been making its way down my arm. My stomach and sides are almost completely free of it now and my legs are improving greatly as well. I honestly never thought that I would see this day.

In other news, I have been exfoliating my neck where the dark skin spots were visible and have noticed a huge decrease in darkness. After one week of challenging myself to eat Clean, track my calories and exercise for an hour, I have lost 5lbs. My goal is to lose another 9lbs before my birthday and after this week, I know I can do it. Things are looking up for my twenty seventh year on the planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment