Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Before, Current Progress, and A Cleanse

This is me at my heaviest. I was a freshman in college celebrating my brothers graduation. My best friend had just died one month before and I decided to eat my feelings. At the time I weighed 185lbs, the heaviest I've ever weighed and I have the stretch marks to prove it. I'm not proud of it, but it certainly keeps me motivated to never get there again.

Thanks to a good friend of mine I recently came across 'The Clean' by Alejandro Junger M.D. I'm not very far into just yet, just the introduction and two pages further than that but I'm already excited to attempt this cleanse. It claims right in the introduction that it helps with Autoimmune disorders, insomnia, breathing, etc, which is fantastic for PCOS because it's all Autoimmune related. If this cleanse is as good as it claims to be, I could be turning my life around in just three weeks and if not all problems, hopefully most will be helped by this.

I have been better about working out for the last week and I plan on starting this cleanse after Thanksgiving so by Christmas my body is free again because this can be the worst time of the year for your body because of all the rich food we put into it. If anyone does look into this, please make sure you read the book cover to cover prior to starting it so you fully understand what you're getting into. Also, depending on the medication you're on, it may affect your health, so please check with a doctor prior to doing so.

So far I have lost 25lbs and I plan on losing at least 15-20lbs if not more. One of my friends who didn't have much to lose lost 15lbs alone doing  the cleanse and I'm hoping I get just as big, if not bigger results than she did. Here's to hoping I finally found my 'Aha!' moment, thanks to my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment