Thursday, January 28, 2016

Cosmo Says You're Fat, Well I Ain't Down With That

Apologies for my absence, it's been quite crazy lately! I've been thinking a lot about relationships, how they play into how we see ourselves, and how they can either pick up on our insecurities or put them to rest. As I've said before, I have a pretty strict diet. I probably eat clean anywhere from 80-100% of the time and any guy I've ever dated has known this. They've also been fully aware of the fact that I indulge occasionally on the weekends because I kill it during the week. Sadly, that hasn't stopped them from counting calories, the tans fat, the carbs or whatever it was that they were obsessed with counting. I'm a big believer in not trashing your body, but I also know stress is a killer and taking all enjoyment out of food, to the point where you crash and binge, is not a good thing either. 

It's funny because I've let this behavior get to me in the past, convinced myself that the reason things ended were because I wasn't good enough but the truth is I let them get to me and I lost myself in the process. Thankfully, it was one of the many sparks that lit the fire I've been running on for the last eight months. I work hard, my blood tests are all in the healthy range, I am seen by a functional medicine doctor every 3-6 months and am monitored closely. I have grown to love myself unconditionally, appreciate my body because it is unique to me and am truly the happiest I've ever been. Clearly what the media says and what some people around me say rolls right off of me these days. I work hard, harder than most people I know and I eat healthier than pretty much everyone I know. So I'm going to enjoy my occasional burger, pizza, pasta, what have you and I really could care less how many calories, grams of fat or whatever else we're worrying about is in there these days because I'm here to live life, not worry it away. 

That being said, today's food consumption included a green smoothie, salad for lunch, Kind bar for a snack and I'll have a bison burger with Brussels sprouts for dinner. I've had all my supplements, did a Himalayan Salt water flush and drank my teas.

3 comments:

  1. What is the himalayan salt flush?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the himalayan salt flush?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You take Himalayan salt, crack a few turns into the bottom of a glass, then I usually do part warm water + part cool and add about 8-12oz of water and you drink it about 30 minutes before eating. It's very good for you.

      http://products.mercola.com/himalayan-salt/

      Delete